5 x GE RJ45 ports (including , 1 x WAN Port, 4 x Internal Ports)
- USB Port
- Console Port
- 1x GE RJ45 WAN Port
- 1x GE RJ45 FortiLink Port
- 3x GE RJ45 Ethernet Ports
Powered by Purpose-builtSecure SD-WAN ASIC SOC4
- Combines a RISC-based CPU with Fortinet’s proprietary Security Processing Unit (SPU) content and network processors for unmatched performance
- Delivers industry’s fastest application identification and steering for efficient business operations
- Accelerates IPsec VPN performance for best user experience on direct internet access
- Enables the best of breed NGFW Security and Deep SSL Inspection with high performance
- Extends security to access layer to enable SD-Branch transformation with accelerated and integrated switch and access point connectivity
3G/4G WAN Connectivity
The FortiGate 40F Series includes a USB port that allows you to plug in a compatible third-party 3G/4G USB modem, providing additional WAN connectivity or a redundant link for maximum reliability.
Compact and Reliable Form Factor
Designed for small environments, you can place it on a desktop or wall-mount it. It is small, lightweight yet highly reliable with a superior MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure), minimizing the chance of a network disruption.
Extends Security to Access Layer with FortiLink Ports
FortiLink protocol enables you to converge security and the network access by integrating the FortiSwitch into the FortiGate as a logical extension of the NGFW. These FortiLink enabled ports can be reconfigured as regular ports as needed.
|System Performance — Enterprise Traffic Mix|
|IPS Throughput||1 Gbps|
|NGFW Throughput||800 Mbps|
|Threat Protection Throughput||600 Mbps|
|Firewall Throughput (1518 / 512 / 64 byte UDP packets)||5/5/5 Gbps|
|Firewall Latency (64 byte UDP packets)||4 μs|